Tuesday, June 19, 2007

FALL '06 SILVER anniversary!

It's official: we've all caught 25 babies (or more) and have helped to bring Mercy Maternity Center's count up past 11500! We decided as a class that once we all reached 25 handles, we'd go out to celebrate. so YESterday we went and got a class photo taken at the mall, then went to the Crocodile farm/zoo and hung out there until heading across town to a sweet japanese restaurant for dinner. After our amazing dinner we all came back here for a sleepover.

We held a PYTHon that was as long as both Laura and I combined (we measured by lying beside it..) and little crocodiles. It was kinda funny because the staff working there were nUts. They'd just shove an animal into the hands of anyone willing to take it, and of course, tons of pictures would follow. I guess there were something like over 300 crocodiles living there, and they were breeding them also. This zoo also had monkeys, and orangutangs, turtles, tigers, bunnies, birds, etc.

THis guy was my favourite. He'd make smacking sounds with his incredibly huge lips...and he was so smart. AND he could do the splits with ease.


THis restaurant we ate at is now my favourite. Tsuri, I think it's called. There are 2 tables that surround a grill, and we were fortunate enough to claim one. So our chef made all of our meals right in front of us...it was amazing. We have all been keeping track of our numbers in birth books, and we brought them to recount "best ofs..", "how manys..", "biggest EBLs..", and so on.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like an amazing day/night...that snake is HUGE!!!
Love ya and can't wait until September!
Becky

helena said...

That thing is GROSS! Mr Lincoln himself says HI Jenna! love ya. can't wait to see ya and hug ya! Check out www.lincolnconstruction.ca and drop the boss a note at john@lincolnconstruction.ca Things have been a happenin here! love ya. helena

Anonymous said...

Yeeow...sorry Jenna girl...I had to exit your blog really quickly when I saw you all holding that monstrous snake...ya know...I can't say as I like snakes even a little bit...but at least I could see that one coming, which may help as I high tail it the other way.
I hear what you are sayin about special women in your life...me too!
Enjoy your new surroundings!
C ya soon. Lots of love with a really big hug from John and I...Nan v.