Friday, June 22, 2007

cross channel swim -

if you have a world map handy, go to the southern-most island of the philippines (Mindanao) and look for Davao City (just left of the top of the inlet at the bottom of the island). You should also see another, much smaller, island named Samal.
This morning I, along with a bunch of people I didn't know, swam across the channel to the island of Samal. Laura knew a girl that was planning on going and gave me her contact information. She picked me up this morning at 5:30 am and we were in the water by 6:30 (it always takes pretty long to get organized here). You can see in this first picture, as Joan and I start the swim, our final destination in the background.
I think it's approximately 2km...but maybe that was just someone throwing that out there. Maybe it was 2 miles. It wasn't that far. and only took about 35 minutes. It was pretty easy actually, I barely had to kick - i guess i'm used to sinking in fresh water..swimming across Sunset Bay


5 comments:

lo said...

WOW Jenna! way to go! man. 35 min! That is amazing! If you ever wanna do it again I might not be so scared and actually join you:D. I hope the rest of the day has been jolly as well!

helena said...

wow jenna! great job! was it really 2 km?? you go girl.
can't wait till you 'swim' the big pond!!

~TK ~ said...

You ARE my hero. Resus partners for life!!??

Anonymous said...

No kidding...35 minutes....great job Jenna! Looks like a beautiful way to start your morning! Ditto to Helena's comment...can't wait to c ya!
Luv ya...Nan v.

JennJo said...

You rock chica!