Wednesday, January 03, 2007

the rain in the phils falls mainly after six pm...

or so has been my experience ever since arriving here in 2006. bUT 2007 comes with a much different pattern: it's been cloudy and raining all day, almost every day. I gUEss that means we're now officially in the 'rainy season', which I'm pretty sure was supposed to start long ago, but thIS is more than welcomed! Rain in the morning keeps things cool and also gives me that warm, cozy feeling of not really having to do ANYthing because it's raining!
This is esPECially true thIS morning...I wanted to jet out to the post office because a PACKage has arrived for me..?!? Which I am totally excited about - but it will hAve to wait - public transportation does NOT lend itself well to rainy travel. I believe these cool days have been the biggest blessing God could have showered on me. Some days it's so moderate out I feel as though I could be at home (....wick-ED!) ahah. And, I must admit, this crazy holiday season hasn't seen many 'quite times' with the Lord. I feel like the rain thIS morning quite possibly could be straight from God, so that I will slow the hECK down and spend some quality time with my MAker, cREAtor, and sustAIner.
i'm not NORmally this personal on here. IT's been more to let you know whats been going on IN my life, but this...this is what fills my mind this morning, so i thought i'd share.

haha - and that quote that i changed around for the title of this little blurb comes with a funny story. Dad was always gOOd at quoting 'the rain in spain falls mainly on the plains'...lol, i'm not sure WHY he'd say that, over, and over again...ahah but, he did/does. (maybe not anymore now that i've let out his secret). We were playing sherades on new years day and everyone had to write a phrase down on a piece of paper for ppl to act out and for SOME reason, this popped into my head. but i COULDn't remember how it went! ahha, i ended up putting SOMEthing about the plains in spain, lol..and when someone grabbed it to act it out...well. it was funny. maybeee you had to be there. but i almost peed my pants laughing to hard!

No comments: