Saturday, November 11, 2006

~ little 'O' ~

okay okay, so i DIDN't get the present off in time. but HAD to do SOMEthing for Owen Konkle's second birthday... I obviously wish with all my heart I could hang out with you on your birthday, but this little...triBUTe will have to suffice. I got in my head a poem would be nice, I think i'm still rhyming ahah. HAVE AN AMAZING 2nd BIRTHDAY OWEN! [who could not love that face]

Exactly 2 years from this day
November 12th, a little delayed
A precious gift right from the start..
Too see you breathe captured my heart.
I patiently waited for you to arrive,
to hug you and kiss you and watch you thrive.
Yet again stood up to my dismay:
Nursing and sleeping with no time to play.
Eyes from your mother/expressions like Dad -
They buy you sweet kicks and dress you in plaid :)
Your face lights up with wonders anew:
spotting a ladybug, or playing peek-a-boo.
I reeeally hope you enjoy your cake,
Last years chocolate was a big mistake!
I hate that i'm missing your 2nd hoopla,
HAPPY Birthday dear Owen, from aunt jenna :P

(I love you.)

1 comment:

Christine said...

Jenna, that is such an awesome poem! You should publish it!! Seriously. If Owen could read, I know he absolutely love it. I'm sure his parents do too! Hope you had a fantastic weekend.
luvs.