Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A Study Break

Yesterday (wednesday) was so great. The first full day I had to work on my assignment this week...so that, as well as a nice balance to typing/talking to a select few, was how I spent my morning. Around 3pm I finally got outta my pjs, showered and took a motorcycle to the mall. [and no, Gramma, I don't just flag down randoms guys to catch a ride with :), it's a common form of public transportation here! haha] The malls are strung out with Christmas flavour! I guess the filipino ppl start celebrating the season all throughout the 'BER' months (ie. septemBER, octoBER, november and december) It's kinda wierd to see Christmas decorations and hear carols when it's so darn hOt outside. When I got home I was STILL a little restless (from the intensive work done earlier) so I took a few pictures of my hOMe now before getting back to work...
so THIS is the hut I now call home <3, just KIDding mARY!, ya NUT.but here is the bathroom that goes along with the hut, pretty sad huh.

I live in something I lovingly like to call 'the compound'. My house is surrounded by tall, cement walls, has a cool little swing in the 'front yard' and palm trees and such. My room in the the second floor.
This is the view from my bUNkbEd!



this is me coming INTO the compound



and here I am again, going into the compound, a view of my house from across the street



aand THIS is MY view from the little door we go through...ya, that shop has a big pig on a spit for a sign, i've nEvEr seen the store open..



aaand HEREs the view looking down my street!


OH. and you can click ON the picture to enlarge it! [i jUST found that out..]

1 comment:

Christine said...

hey you. great to see pictures of what you see everyday. so is that hut really your bathroom or what? weird that christmas is all ready in the stores. i thought we started early here! i'm sure it will be weird to approach the season with the heat. i'll mail you some snow...which it actually calls for tonight. crazy!! love ya tons.