Thursday, October 05, 2006

- needing to decide to liVE for the Lord. dAilY -

This week has been nuts. and some mornings when I open my eyes, I'm caught off guard by this not-so-good feeling of uncertainty [PRObably comes from being so darn far away from home]. but I jUSt wanted to let everyone know how incredibly faithful God is in taking care of things for me, even IF that's just my attitude, not to mENtion how He goes way above and beyond that with blessings each day.
i just walked home from an all-night birthroom shift [ya, saw 2 babies come out, it never gets old for me, but I can imagine you're sick of hearing about eACh and evERy labour I experience!] but I think that walk home will become one of my most treasured times of the week. It's super early, a few people are out, but everyone's still fairly quiet and there's hardly any traffic. The sun is just starting to show its magnitude by peaking over the horizon and through the clouds..i'm inCREDibly tired from staying up all night, but lOVE the chance for a peaceful walk. Today I was thinking 'this is my home now...for two whole years!' I'm prEtty excited about that.
This week has been busy...monday - shift, tuesday - prenatals, language class, grocery shopping (because I've got dinner duty for the week), cook dinner, sleep!, wednesday - high ropes course at Outland Adventure, a vision of our directors Matt and Krys McNeil, thursday - homework, datenight, nightshift, and today (friday!) which is currently free but I need to sleep and then I'll do some homework, and find sOMEthing to get me outta the house, i'm sure. the morning was spent doing activities like trust-falls, games that make you think AND work as a teamafter lunch we were strapped into harnesses and did some climbing elements, here you just had to climb up a ladder, about 25 feets, then lEAP off the platform trying to hit this ball suspended just far enough away that you can't gET it.. i'm also practicing to be superman :S
and HErE we had to climb (using those rockclimbing rocks) probably 90 ft., ok ok it was more like 40 then (and this was the hardest part) stand on TOP of this pole about this size of an electricity pole at home, yell out some goal we have for our life, then jUMp! [pfft. i was bAScially skydiving ;)]

No comments: