Sunday, October 01, 2006

'the number is the same as the stARs in the sky'

iF you hAven't heArd that Third Day song, "Take My Life", you should GEt it. It's amazing.
Saturday a bunch of girls and I had playtime on Samal Island. We left the house around 8am to catch the fairy. Once on the island, we made a deal with 3 guys to take us around on their motorcycles until 2/3pm! We doubled up on bikes and went crUISin'! The first place they took us to was the wORld's lARgest [oh, so the sIGN said] bat sanctuary! We paid $0.40 each thinking, if it turned out to be not the LARgest bat sanctuary, wE'd be alright with that! Oh MY goodness. I definetly wouldN'T be exaggerating if i said there were a mILLIon bats. It.was.NUts. And the last 'cave' (more of a big hole in the ground) had a ladder going down INside IT..so i went :S They were screeeeching all around me. Hopefully you can see them on with this pic, although, I had already scared a lot away from where I was.. And THEN. They drove us to somewhat of a private beach (about an hour of dirt road, upanddown hill driving!), where a woman let us use her louge chairs under the shade of a cool tree. We ate our picnic lunch, played on the beach, and went for a salt-water swim. After that, another long bike ride took us to these waterfalls (we were DEFinetly the minority there..but it was so fun!) There would be a little waterfall, then a deep pool to jump into, then another one, with another pool. And the water was COLD...and 'fresh' so that was refreshing!At one point, just after we first arrived, I looked around and EVERYone was just standing around, staring at us :S...plus, some boys were hiking their shorts up, mimicking my bathing suit..basically making fUN of me because no one wears suits here, they just swim in their clothes! There were more kids than usual, it was some kind of highschool class trip. We took turns jumping into the biggest pool, trying to show eachother up with impresSIVE jumps! IT was fun.

AND. tonight I became a mother! ahah, yes I got to take care of a precious little boy, Julian, from the orphanage. I thOUGHt I had him for the whole night, which I was prEtty scared about, but he mostly 'belongs' to another girl who ALways takes him out of the orphanage, and I just had to watch him for a bit while she was working. He's only 2 weeks old, born at the clinic I work at, the girl who sleeps under me was the midwife who delivered him!

3 comments:

Christine said...

can you bring him home with you?

Dave Heywood said...

they ride fairies in the Philippines? incredible... :P

bri and shawn said...

hi jenna!
this is brier! what an exciting adventure you are on! I found your blog in a roundabout way (which often happens) but i am going to link to it so I can follow your adventures for the next 2 YEARS! amazing. i wish you God's strength and grace as you learn and grow!
Brier