Friday, November 14, 2008

a couple of crazy days...

Yesterday i checked in a continuity from Agdao, sent her homE in early labour and then continued on my way (in scrubs) tO Agdao clinic. Upon returning I found out my continuity was bACK and in active labour. She admittedly told me she had a low pain tolerance (awesome!), but all turned out well and she delivered her baby at 2:03pm that afternoon. After finishing all the postpartum care and the suturing, I made it home just in time for dinner (thanks for that - JO).

Then toDAY, both Brianna and I had dayshift starting at 6am (bah). I wasn't tOO worried, because I was last up! Three labours later, I was put in charge of supervising bk's work with her labour plus my own (fully) labour - who delivered at 9:10am with an amazing assist by none other than Brie. Brianna's labour was not progressing as easily as I would've liked, so dear Carmen took over, although, between discharging patients, suturing, and baby checks, I was able to return the favour to Brianna, who caught her SECOND BABY (this week and in her whole liFE) at 11:35am. How GREAT is that?! SHe assists me, I assist her... it's pURE bLISS!!

I work again tomorrow swing shift...you could pray for that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You two are the BEST!!! Congrats Bri!! The BEST part is that Bri wrote us all a note!!! YEAH!! She's alive and well in the P.'s!!!! Love you both...and praying for you....Bonnie

michelle said...

hey girls! glad you're having fun !!!! just ot let you know.. it cold and snowiy here! that should really make you feel warma dn fussy where you are! hhaa luv ya