Sunday, April 06, 2008

a triBUTe.

I've been SUPer "pre-occupied" lately (if you could call finishing an assignment pre-occupied)... but, as of tOday, I am finished the LASt (big) assignment of what could very well be my academic career (so much for those plans to go to Ryerson =P - i'm just kidding). BUT. for now, I am done. Next week we have a few lectures on ethics and communication and whatnot and that'll be IT. Crazy eh...I can't believe it's already been (almost) two years! I'm looking forward to starting work in Agdao, with a prenatal day and even mORe buntis (preggo) girls to keep me occupied, as well as starting exam/NARM review, switching to wednesday prenatal days at Mercy, which means new teams and a chance to work birthroom shifts with new people! A lot is happening on this side of the world, and even mORE planning is in the works in regards to what everyone will do when they leave - I'm pretty sure Lois has until summer of 2009 all planned out, almost to each day of roadtrips, visiting long lost friends, and working to pay off loans! I wish I was that organized! But, for now, I will watch my classmates all leave one-by-one (except for dear Charity, of course, who'll also be staying on). Goodbyes suck. I'm already not looking forward to watching them go..but thEN Brianna will come! THere's ALso the excitement of getting to know these incredible women outside the Philippines - seeing their homes, and meeting (the rest of) their families and friends and being able to hang out in our own settings.

ps. bk! you are rULing our street lately with graffiti aLL ovER the place! hahaa, every time I see one I fondly think of you... just know that you're already a part of the life here sa Philippines - and your initials are everywhere to prOVE it! LOVe

3 comments:

Dave Heywood said...

Speaking of BK, ran into her today at the grocery store! Seems super pumped to get over there! Ciao

Gerry said...

Jena...just happened across your blog. Looks like you are having a great time in Pp's. If you ever get to Hong Kong and need a cheap place to crash and some local wisdom give me a call. Bless you!! Michelle O's uncle Gerry (you know...Helena's brother)

michelle said...

oh my goodness! haha yeah jenna go visit my uncle ger!!!! how cool would that be , and in a perfect world where money grew on trees.... i'd meet you there and we'd hang out ! I MISS YOU ... and of course you too uncle G.