Sunday, February 03, 2008

my continuity: Jay Marie Moricawa <3

During our prenatal check-up last Friday, I told Marie (who was 39 wks pregnant at the time) that she needed to wait ONE WEEK before going into labour because I'd be away on outreach. It was more of a joke than anything else, I really didn't think she'd go. Marie is 18, it was her second pregnancy, but she had had a spontaneous abortion with the first and this is why I took her on as a continuity. Saturday night I get a text from the clinic informing me that Marie had arrived in labour! I came as quickly as possible, but sent her home after examining her (she was only 4 cms dilated and there has been too many transports lately due to prelonged labour (quite possibly from just being hERE, at the clinic too long!). I went to bed that night excited, knowing she'd most likely text me at an insane early hour to say she was coming back to Mercy. At exactly 3:46 am I received the text.

Marie was a little..."needy" (which I thrive on!) and with a little encouragement from Ate Susan she pushed her baby out into this world at 8:47am! A little boy, who has the same little skin tags on his right ear as his father. It was an amazing birth! There wasn't even a little skin split to suture! Later on, Marie said (to the best of my translation) "man, my pwerta must be really big if my baby's head was able to go through it without tearing!" hahaa. Bonnie! I gave the blue onesie you sent to her son, John Rievin =) THANKS again!
Truthfully, I had been having sort of a rough day - all my friends were sleeping on the beach on some deserted island for Tiffany's birthday but I had decided (with my head, not my heart) that I'd stay behind to do homework, save money and pack for outreach. After they'd all left, I was REALLy regretting my decision. But THEN, Marie came in and I realized what I had stayed home for! NOT homework, but to help this sweet sweet little girl have her first baby =) It was moRE than I could have asked for a consolation! i lOVE my jOb =D

[and THEN this guy came into the clinic...he'd jUST hit a dog while on a motorcycle and it looked like he skidded out real bad! I cleaned and dressed his wounds, then JH sutured his one elbow (crazy deep cut)]
[and THEN I had another labour (i was also working swing shift today) and she came in and I thought "oh man.." because she was acting super pushy but from an IE only 3 hours ago, she was only 1 cm) turns out she WAS fully, and delivered her baby shortly after I said she could push! wow...what a day. now I will sleep for approx. 6 hours before starting the long trek out into the mountAINs =)...hopefully life will be a bit slower out in there!]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI JENNA

Anonymous said...

HI JENNA THANK YOU FOR THIS NICE PHOTO I REALLY APPRECIATE IT ADD ME IN MY FACEBOOK ACCOUNT JAY MARIE MORICAWA THANK YOU