Thursday, January 31, 2008

another UPdate..

Things have been sUPER busy. I apologize for not keeping you more informed! I handed in the art&history assignment that occupied January's days and nOW it's February and a new assignment is upon us - Antepartal (maternal) Complications. It's a fairly long and difficult assignment, but we (as students) are looking to complete the entire lot of undone assignments by APRIL. Therefore, we've only got until Feb.15, about 2 weeks, to finish this one (which is doable). BUT, I've had the amazing opportunity of going on another mountainous outreach with the same midwife, Mary Jane, this coming Sunday. It's very short notice because the girl who was supposed to go has some crazy diseases (possibly from last time she went on outreach) so, you could pray for that! I'll be gone from Feb.3-Feb.8th and am really looking forward to it. ALthough, this only gives me just one short week after coming back to start and finish the AP complications assignment, plus work, and keeping my sanity. It'll be a fun challenge!

ALSO, I had a mtg. with Krys, the director of my school yesterday and it's official! I'll be staying on another semester to acquire the post-grad experience required by Ryerson before applying to their program. To me, this is REALLY GOOD and REALLY SAD. I am really ok with staying a bit longer, although it'll be more than a year since being home, and Krys has amazing ideas on how I can more easily complete the number of births and hours I need for Ryerson (more on thAT latER!). Unfortunately, I do not have the time or funds to come home at any point through the summer. My goal is to finish by the beginning of December, which would allow me to be home before Christmas!! I miss all of you so much, and your encouragement and support (especially through the remainder of 2008) means so so much. I'll be gone next week on outreach, but will report back to you next weekend =) lOVE

2 comments:

JennJo said...

ooh, ooh...what do the post-grad requirements entail? I'm excited and sad for and with you girly! It'll be good though!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenna, will have to resort to this to communicate with you since I don't have an email address. I wondered why you were missing from the pictures of Isla Reta that Jamie put on Facebook, and now I know. I admire you for your decision though I knew for sure you would have wanted to be there. And God blessed you in the whole process. Not sure where someone else I know had the $ for that event! I have the same question as Jennjo and wish I had asked more questions when I was there with you. What are your plans for Ryerson? Love you girl. Dorothy Hunt