Tuesday, November 06, 2007

You don't know how often -

I can almost feel you right here with me.
I hear your words of advice and support on bad days...
see things you'd find funny and hear you laugh...
and even find myself trying to remember certain things so that I can share them later with you.
It's not as fun as having you here, but I love sharing that kind of closeness.
We're close in all the ways that count -
in spirit,
in understanding,
and in heart.
Being far away will never change that.
I'm so lucky to know that no matter where you are in the world,
You are in my life for keeps!

- Alaire Tennille


And, in the midst of being homesick, and just a little sad...my very first piece of mail since i've been back arrives!!, and not a minute to soon. Thank you oh-so much for loving me. and for making these words so true in our lives.