Thursday, July 05, 2007

that was tricky! hahha.. nice work.

It's been almost a week since my last post, and so much has happened I was avoiding this blog because there's too much to say. We're all settled into the orange house (and by "we" i mean all 20 of us) - some of the graduating girls have moms and friends here for graduation so the house is packed. But it is clean, the fridge is stocked, and i really don't mind living with so many girls.

to the left..

I just got off an amaazing night shift and am now sitting on our gREAt balcony enjoying the light rain and the sounds only noticed in the quiet of an early morning. THe pictures I've uploaded are taken from my seat, only standing, and are the views from our balcony!
I had 2 of my continuities deliver their babies this week - one of which was very surprising when the ultrasound results said it was a little girl and instead a little boy popped out! The father looked to me to confirm what he was actually seeing, ahaha, and inquired "it's a boy? ...really?" The second one I wouldn't have made to the birth if we hadn't of moved so close to the clinic.. she came in at 4:55 am and i ran over at that time and delivered her baby in my pjs at precisely 5:06 am. Both women did amazingly well - all so strong yet amazingly gentle new moms. SPEAKing of which, a new student arrived who's married with 2 kids (Naomi). She was on shift last night and i got to sleep with her 6 mth old little, white, baby boy, Jordan. And. I want one :P

and the right.

Other than that, homework continues to get done. I'm going rappelling with a group on saturday on Samal island, which should be incredible. And have signed up for a 5k milo race on sunday. My director Krys is a crazy runner and she is doing the 1/2 marathon (21k) on sunday. She ALmost convinced me to do it but, really, I've never run that far in my life. so 5k lang.

ANd. it IS july 5th. so birthday wishes are in order.

4 comments:

JennJo said...

Yes, I knew about the suprise! Did she tell you that she was just with me?
My heart AND my stomach are satisfied!!
Keep your eyes peeled for our up-coming blog dedicated to the birth center. ;-)

Laura said...

Hi Jenna!

I am Laura and will be at Mercy as in intern in less than three weeks. Will you be there then?

michelle said...

wow ! jenna , so much is happening eh? and that's soo cool that you're all in the same house now. and so close to the clinic.... isn't it nuts to think that you've almost been there for a whole year!? I tell ya, it's killin me. but it's almost the end of august ... I CAN"T WAIT!!!!! i'll talk to you soon k. let meknow your shifts for the next few days so i can figure out when to skype ya.
ps. good luck in yor race !!! KICK SOME BUTT! haha i love you.
xoxoxoxo

jenna and brianna konkle said...

YES Laura,
I'll be here for another month after you leave before i get my break...thEN i get to go homE! i can't wait.
(to meet you :P)
SEE you SOON!