Thursday, May 03, 2007

the ORANGe HOUse!!

this has been a "current event" for sometIME now in my little world in Obrero...this house is located just one house down from Mercy Maternity Clinic (the white 3-story building in the background) and was built back in october/november. So, we all watch this MONsterous house go up, and it just so happens that the owners are the same people who 'we' rent the clinic from. AND, they're planning on immigrating to Canada!! AND Matt is currently negotiating with them to possibly rent this house FOR THE STUDENTS! YEE. This is SUPER exciting because i have not had the chance to live with ALL the girls in my class because we were separated into two homes as soon as we arrived back in september. This brand, new PALACE would allow All of the students to live together under one roof. Needless to say, we've been praying for a loong while about this opportunity, and NOW it looks like it's just around the corner!

9 comments:

Jordan said...

This is SO awesome!!! I really hope the house works out...I'm one of the girls coming in Sept.

Hey, how much longer will you be in Davao? Will you be there this next year?

Anyway, I *love* your blog--it makes me so excited!

jenna and brianna konkle said...

I'll be home for the month of september...that's my HOLIDAY. SO, unfortunately i will not be here to welcome you, but yeah...i've got another year after that. Living in the orange house will be AMAAZingg!

Anonymous said...

AH! I love the house; it's so beautiful. It would be totally awesome if all the girls could live together.
Thanks for the picture:~)

Holly Findley said...

Wow! That house looks incredible! I'm also coming in September and that would be so awesome if it works out.

Bethany said...

Hey! Thanks for the orange picture...we've been praying for that house, too, 'cuz we might get where you guys are currently living! I can't wait to meet you!

Anonymous said...

I was going to leave you a comment about how AMAZING it would be...but that would be redundant. The new girls have got it covered. P.S. My sleep was AMAZING. I saw Laura come back all sweaty...so I'm glad I didn't go. Pooh. On you.

Christine said...

jenna....look....its me Christine...and i'm commenting on your blog again!! i know, i know, its been forever since i've done that. i'm so sorry! how fun to live in an ORANGE house!! hope it works out.
by the way...we should talk soon again please

michelle said...

thats amazing jena dear!!! so maybe next year when I come visit i'll stay in the palace! ahaha i love it!
xoxoxo

jenna and brianna konkle said...

don't joke there miss o...
theres nothing WORse than SAYing you'll hang out, and then NOT following thru, even if that happens to be in the phils, with me.
do come, i'd show ya an a.mazzzzingg time!