Wednesday, April 11, 2007

too yOUNg to be a [fairy] godMOthER?!

here's the run-down:
aileen starting texting me around 4am this morning, complaining of pain since 2 am. and I was like...sorry girl, you've got a lONG way! don't come into the clinic until contractions are only 5 mintues apart. so we keep texting, as she asks questions about her watering breaking and such. and by 4:30 am she was like my contractions are THREE minutes apart.
We met at the clinic and vitals were normal and good. An IE found her to be almost fully dilated, head vERY low, BOW bulging with ctxs...oh my! It would be soon.


SHE did SO SO well. I cannot even tELL you how well it all went. And I pulled her beautiful (and nameless) little boy out at 7:28 am. Complications came after that and we had to do bi-manual compression to get her uterus to clamp and stopping bleeding. She lost 1000 cc and threw up everything she tried eating/drinking afterwards, so we started D5-LR IV fast drip.

after what seemed to be an ENDless discussion on names, they decided on AIJEY (a combination of both parents names) BRYSON (my say) BALURAN (Aileen's last name) BUNAO (Jeffrey's last name). I know I'm sOMewhAt biased and all..but this is the cutESt little flip EVErr.

I came home to shower and eat at lunch, but was scheduled for swing shift today from 2-10pm. It's good though, because I was able to hang out with her at the clinic, and discharge her just after 6pm. I think the coolest thing was to see Jeffrey's involvment in the whole thing...he was such a great support and before he wasn't even going to COME with aileen because he was too afraid to see her like that. haah. He'll be a great dad! He glady accepted the honours of the first diaper change.

and last, but not lEASt...Aileen and Jeffrey have honoured me by asking if I would be Aijey's godmother. sweet eh. I get to stand up for him at the christening, and pray for him, and give him presents. YEE! BEcause of Aileen's IV they had to stay at the clinic a littel longer than most, and it.was.so.hot, so I tried to make them as comfortable as possible..ya know, set'em rEAL nice ;) (notice the laptop on the left side of the pic)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

MAN!!!! Everyone in this part of the world (I'm sure!!) feels like we were part of this birth!!!! (Easiest birth pains I've ever felt I might add!!!!)Please tell them congrats from all of us. They were in our prayers...AND well done Jenna!!! Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Ah!! Birth....I love it!

jenna and brianna konkle said...

anonymous said...
YOU HAVE TO LEAVE A NAME!!
..i'm gUESsing Becky.. but i'm not sure.

Anonymous said...

Nope not Bec...but I did love the story....hmmm...wonder who that could've been?
My guess is the girl that maybe is going to school there next year? Yep that's my guess!!!
I love you Jenna...Becky

Anonymous said...

Sorry. After I posted that comment I was like, "That was good! I didn't put my name." It's Beth, the girl that applied for the March '08 semester.

michelle said...

hey hey jenna!!! i'm so glad to see pictures of that ABSOLUTELY beautiful baby. your'e the best GODMOTHER ever
xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Hey na. Where'd you get the idea of putting your laptop in the room for their enjoyment, ba?

I miss you. I'm so glad we live in the same house. Too bad I don't remember what you look like :(