Wednesday, April 18, 2007

a little UPdate.

this.week.has.been.in.sane.
i won't BORE you with ALL the details when a list should get my point across:
- ALmost finished an assignment, current word count? 23, 000 something, on 38 pages...not.quite..done.
- statistics class every tues/thurs with homework on the side
- work. mon/tues/wed/thurs night
- baby checks all OVErrr the place (my god son is thRIVing. and his parents are excited about the fact that my bESt friend is having a little girl in a few short months, what's that? an arranged marriage?)
- wedding shower tues (missionary girl marrying filipino guy, i'm a bridesmaid!)
- fittings, shoe shopping, hair and make-up plans...all in the works
- PLAN (and stress about) the wedding shower prior to tues
- rehearsal dinner toNIGHT (thursday night)
- exCITment and disTRACted with the rehearsal dinner prior to
- cook dinner for my household (how does this happen when i'm not even there to eat it? my faithful partner, heather)
- wedding prep friday
- wedding saturday
- thoughts about chrisTINEs wedding, and how i'll be able to help out/be a part of when so far away..
- clEAN up dive sunday, which i'm afraid i will not be able to be a part of, i'm trying to get a handle on burning the wick from bOTh ends. and Sunday will truly be a day of much needed rest.
- days SO incredibly HOT and HUmid that even cold showers morning and night cannot stop the feeling of sweat running down my back, and constant sticky skin...nice.

SUCh is LIFe in the philippines for me this week.
Sorry I haven't been better at blogging, but after this saturdays wedding, i'm sure i'll have plENty of pictures to upload.
until then..

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm exhausted after hearing your schedule!! But thanks for sharing. It helps us all know how to pray best. Between you and Bri (and her upcoming trip!) not to mention my own kids!! it's no wonder I have to color my hair to hide the gray!!!! Please be safe girl!
Love and miss you. Bonnie

Dave Heywood said...

So...my big question is, why the heck do midwives have to take stats? So you can give confidence intervals of complication-free births based on various anthropometric measures taken from mother and fetus?

jenna and brianna konkle said...

OH my WORD!

..that's hilARious. uhh. i don't think i'm smart enough to understand the question, and therefore do NOt think i use that "stuff" IN the birthroom. BUt. We DO need to understand the prevalance and incidence of problems/complications in the profession. And be able to comprehend current studies being done on our women.

AND. please just let me add that i was, in no way, blogging all that stuff that a bad attitude, or complaining spirit.. I thrive on being busy. and love when i don't have time to think.

michelle said...

hey hey jenna dear... wow, you are so busy girl! i'm glad i got to talk to you the other day! and i'll be thinking about you while you relax this sunday! i would totally fix you a drink (wink wink!)and give you a much deserved massage I loveyou soooo much!
xoxoxox

JennJo said...

Enjoy the french tips! A little something to smile about in the midst of craziness! :) Good thing we slept last night!