Tuesday, March 13, 2007


it's only been a week.
i HARDly think that amount of time consistutes 'a lazy blogger'.
beSIDES..it's been a whirlwind of activity this past week.
i'm entertaininggg!
PLUS - the highspeed at our house has no speed right now, scratch that, it's not even working at ALL.
and these are the reasons I have not written to you.
please accept my dEEpest apologies (woodzy and dear michelle)...
and NOW.
for some reason the pictures aren't uploading from my computer so I cannot even show you all of the excitement my mom and i have had. I will do my best to describe it all now. And post pictures for you when it starts working.

I will start after our wkd at Eden.
Monday: mom and I had her first birthroom shift...there was only one labouring woman so we just read basically the entire shift from 6am to 2pm. [yeahh, i read 2 novels that wkd, kinda crazy] jUST after we endorsed the lady to the next shift - "HEAD visible" and she started pushing. Luckily mom was able to get in on that, and saw her first birth!, it was fast though, and i wasn't the one delivering, but...she saw it!
Tuesday: i have prenatal appts. all morning, so mom came with me to those. I tried to impRESS her by using this new language.
WEd/thurs: we went to Paradise Beach Resort, and stayed in this little hut! mmm.
Fri/Sat./Sun: we ventured out, 2 hours south to 'the province' (what WE would call 'the country') to Makilala where my supervisor Mayflor lives. Only we forgot sunscreen, and after spending saturday at a resort with all natural spring pools and waterslides, etc. I was burnt to a little crispy. [yeah, i got burnt and mom didn't..doesn't seem to make sense seeing as i'm the one who lives in a tropical country only, she wasn't as drawn to the waterslides] We had a really good time with May's family though. and i EVEN learned how to drive Arex's motorcycle this time. He told Rose to take me out and practice getting it into second...pfft - we were cruising towards the sun setting behind magnificant mountains in no time (in fourth :P)...SARE, motorcycles are the ONly way to go.
It.WAS.AMAZ.ingg.
here's a pic of my moms greatest adventure...riding on a motorcycle with four other ppl

4 comments:

Christine said...

jenna...i too am glad to see another post. i've been checking...even here in Florida. i too am enjoying some nice sun and heat and its marvelous. i hope to talk to you soon after I get home. we've got some planning to do!!!

Dave Heywood said...

While I am currently suffering from waterslide jealousy, I'll make the Exception to Accept your apology. Right now, I can only dream of getting burnt, but can you believe it was 15C the other day? Spring is on the way!
Pretty disappointed I didn't make first comment on this one. I WAS checking the blog for updates approximately every 5 minutes for a week.
Glad to hear you are having a good time with your mom. And congrats on the bike skills. Maybe you could convince Sarah of how great they are?
Cheers

jenna and brianna konkle said...

except.accept...
what are you TALKing about david?
i write in PERfect grammar.
all.the.time.

and black is nice,
until it starts peeling, like i have.
i look like a leper.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenna...
Just got back from Florida with a bunch of kids...good week but crazy at the same time...It looks like you had an amazing time with your mom....I love you alot...Becky