Thursday, March 01, 2007

a blog. from my mom..


Well I made it - 38 hours of travelling - 28 of those hours in the air - the rest sitting in airports. Read a whole Karen Kingsbury book, watched several movies and slept surprisingly well (surrounded by kids for the longest flight). Everything went oh so smoothly - thanks to all who were praying. Jet lag hasn't been a problem but then I AM ON HOLIDAYS - doing not much and enjoying it. Jenna's doing a good job of looking after me, but then look who she had as a teacher!!!
We have already enjoyed a massage - just incredible and only $4.00; went to the market this morning which brought back memories of my stay in Sudan; and have just made reservations at a mountain resort for Sat/Sun- the room will cost us $25 for both. I can hardly believe these prices. Yes, I said mountain- Jenna is looking forward to snuggling into a sweater and me - well, it sure is hot here - but not unbearable. Jenna's house is equipped with lots fans.
The food is good, real good. We enjoyed an incredible breakfast of fresh fruit and freshly shredded coconut. They have these machines that do the shredding at the market while you watch. Jenna took me to Banok's for barbequed chicken - a specialty. Here is a pic of the chickens barbequeing on a spit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yahoo!! Glad you arrived safe and sound!! Let the party begin!!We'll keep praying....Bonnie
P.S. Ruth and I DID have a good laugh Sharon....wondering what kind of clothes you packed with your "love" for the hot!!! I've seen you in action in Sunday School....be careful!!!!

michelle said...

hahah i' you two are going to have so much great quality time together ! I seriously wish i could be there too though! have an awesome time ladies!
luv michelle