Sunday, February 11, 2007

in and amongst

Yeah, I'll get pictures of Jennah for everyone at the next baby check-up.
In the mEANtime, my words will have to suffice..

I wanted to fill you guys in on a few of the things that have been happening around here. As time goes on I'm slowly becoming more and more inVOLved with the 'stuff' that makes up my reality here (as my mom would say, it was only a matter of time). I realized that the contact list in my phone has grown out of control...I'll share a story to give you a bit of an idea as to why this is so...

I was in my favourite coffee shop, drinkin' a chai latte (one WAY better than ANy starbuckS) and working vigorously on finishing an essay for class when these two Korean girls approached me, kinda laughing at themselves while explaining to me that they're here to learn english, but that their classes aren't enough...they needed more conversational practice. hah, THEN they go "so, do you have time to be our friend?" We quickly exchanged numbers with promises to text. I just met up with them last night at the mall, and it was surprisingly a good time - no awkwardness (although, i did have an american along for supprt), we sat and talked then walked around and shopped THEN went to see Blood Diamonds (wHICh, by the way, is an amazing movie).

Also. today was my very first day to play the keyboard at my church's worship service...that's right, I've held off thIS long! They ALmost inSISted on me singing aswell...but I got away with not. And it went really well. The worship team at All Nations Christian Fellowship is vERY vERY good - made up of an acoustic, one electric (who both sing), bass, the keyboard and drums, and usually 2 other female voices. It was easy to play with such talent...not that the church on the hill doesn't have talent, because you DO! This was just...more...refined, I guess.

Let's see...what else?
Ahh, so i know that there was no consensus on whether or not I might 'meet someone' while here in the Philippines. Some would totally rebuke the thought, when OthERs were conVINced there is nothing wrong with it (those were the ppl who were SURE i'd go off, meet someone, and never come back). haha. For example, my last and very WISE employer (Mr. John Leyenhorst) absolutey forBID me to meet a guy here, while Bonnie Fahnestock encouraged it, as long as I brought him back home to be wed. WELL. You all will be reliEVEd to know that my school is also against intercultural relationships. And, I strongly believe that it's because of thIS reason alONE that I am dateless for valentines'07. lol. j/k...no, but I am...

SO, I made friends with a caterer named Joy. I love cooking, and baking, and eating - and she promised All of these things and more if I would help cater the valentines day couples dinner at our church. I figured this would be an excellent alternative to wallowing in...well. you get the point. but i am SUPER excited to be catering/serving again. Lois and I are going to her house early wednesday morning to prepare, and might even slEEP over! (her husband is out of town, so she wants some company - should be fun though, because she said she lives near the 'club' and that we could bring our suits...suhWEEt)
WOW - this became a novel.

Just one more thing...something I've been thinking about lately...
What is your perception of reality?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just to clarify something....I said you had to bring him home to wed because by the time Lennie and I got done "raking him over the coals" he would be running for dear life!!! NOONE will be good enough for our Jenna I'm sure!!!
Love ya!! Bonnie
P.S. The note on peace on your blog...well...I really needed that today.... Wrote it down to have it in front of me at all times....