Sunday, October 15, 2006

laundry day

THIS is where I hang my laundry to dry [yes, i know, you've ALL been WAiting patiently for this kind of information ;) but I really enjoy doing laundry here] Mostly because we have a totally americanized washer, and then I hang them up, well, it's more like i throw them over the line and never use the clothespins! and they're dry in like a 1/2 hour! This little area is right behind our house, it used to be a little basketball court, filipinos lOVE basketball, and that big cement block in the upper left hand corner is our water cistern, it catches the rain off the roof and so on [reminds me of those little black barrels behind the garage!] Often, when it rains, the cistern overflows and we go out in our bathing suits for a 'hot' bath...as the waters been cooking in the sun all day. and through that little passageway USEd to be where the 'help' would live, but now that this house has been turned into a dorm we use it as a little tool shed, and to keep cleaning supplies and such.

and THIS. this is my haven. where I sleep...i made a little canopy..which needs a little work, but does the job for now. And I've started to put some pictures up. And, I'm proud to say, that my little nephew, Owens first piece of art work adorns the wall above my headboard. My room's on the second floor and gets super hot during the day, so my room is only for sleeping, i never hang out there - which is kinda nice because when i DO go there, it's such a great feeling of 'yaaa. i'm going to b.e.d!'
Let me know if there is any other aspect of life here in the phils that I can enlighten you with! [ie. go ahead and comment.]

2 comments:

Christine said...

What are the pictures of on the side of you bed? I can't tell from here!! Can you post pics of the other places you hang out ...ie. the kitchen, bathroom, family room...etc. You are a great Auntie by the way...putting up Owen's pictures. Maybe I'll send you some of MY artwork!!:)

jenna and brianna konkle said...

hhaa. i encourage ANYthing to be sent..and i'd definetly put up YOUR artwork Christine (especially if its some sweet pics of fruit!) and those pictures are collages that Cindy made on the computer, one of our family, one of the cottage, and one of owen above her when she was his age..they look ALmost the same!
and JULS! i also have that ultrasound you sent me, up close to my head...i think about the baby inside you quite often! I love you guys.