Sunday, September 24, 2006

guess whAt ;)


ahhaha. what a FUN game! This is actually one example of the mULTitude of new FRUIT i eat! It's called rambutan and, as you can SEE has this crazy exterior, but inside is the smooth, tasty fruit with a fairly large PIT in the middle.

There's this OTHER fruit that they've made us try a few times (because it's a filipino favourite) called Durian. Let me TRY to describe it: a combo of garlic, old, un-ripened cheese, and smelly socks. I'm serious...my EYES WATER whenever its near, and the smell of it (which is everywhere cuz ppl sell it all along the side of the road) makes me cringe! But, other than that, I'm enjoying all of the fruit here..new and old. I eat fresh pineapples everyDAY!

Another one of the ordinary sites at the market...whole chickens, skinned. mmm, fAIRly appetizing! What else, OH, this truck comes, with WHOLE pigs (well, their GUtted, but still) and the poor little (ripped) man heaves them up onto his SHOULDERs to get them inside the market:S...everyone was laughing at me taking pictures, like 'OH, the CHICKens are so PRetty!..take a PIC'

3 comments:

Christine said...

i would have to go with michelle on the first instinct...some really cool flower? maybe an under water plant? but i'm thinking its probably something thats not what we're thinking so....is it maybe some sort of fruit??

Dave Heywood said...

This is Sarah not Dave. And it looks a lot like the kind of fruit that gave me the runs in Panama.

lo said...

Can I guess too? Could it maybe be delicious and ultra funky BLah BlaH BlAh-o-tan?