Tuesday, September 19, 2006

"the decision to have a child, is to forever accept that part of your heart will always be walking around outside your body.."

Yesterday marked my very first birthroom shift at Mercy Maternity Clinic. REporting for duty at 2pm, we did 'endorsements' where the staff from the previous shift inform the fresh staff, so I only had one little newborn that needed an external exam plus a bath before they could be discharged. Around 7pm a labour came in, her name was Michelle, "shell" for short ;). I observed another midwife check her vitals, monitor her contractions, as well as do an IE (internal examine). She was 6cm dilated, but wasn't progressing very quickly, and at 10pm we had to endorse her to the night shift staff. Therefore, i did NOT get to see a baby coming into this world, but I did learn so so much...and I'm confident I'll have another chance to experience God's greatest miracles in action.

< This precious baby boy was the one I got to bathe..just 6 hours old!

and THESE> are the two midwives I was shadowing (yaaa, evEry filipino/a is this short...i'm a GIant here!)

No comments: