Tuesday, August 26, 2008

the firsts continUE!...

I think it's much nicer blogging about others...somehow, their activities are more exciting to write about than my own! Although, today's blog is about both of us (again!). It was bk's first day doing prenatals...she's on our team for prenatals and will therefore be working every wednesday morning with us as we see hundreds of patients for prenatal care. She was shadowing ME today, and caught on real quick! I hardly had to re-check fundal heights and fetal positions/FHTs by the end of the morning she was doing so well!

We saw some needy patients. One with a traumatic c/s experience her first baby, she's 23 and scared to death of needing another c/s this time around. She started crying as I explained we weren't able to deliver her baby at Mercy, but I assured her I'd go w to the hospital and make sure she's taken care of! Another woman started tearing as we talked about her husband (of 7 kids already) and his recent drinking habits. It's sad, but I like encountering these types of situations because it reminds you we're really needed here, and we're making a difference in these women's lives. Brianna also got to meet my 17 yr old continuity, LynLyn - who is so stinkin' sweet it kills me! I'm excited for her very first birth experience, and she's due Oct.4th.

Brianna wOULd have had sOmething to say (i'm sure...char) but ah she just ran outta here late for her language class! So sorry about her absence in this post...maybe next time. Love to you all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa...!!! She looks way too professional already!! You go girl!! Bonnie

Anonymous said...

awww i love hearing about both of your guys experience. It is so awesome that you can be there doing this together. When you get back you can open up a business called Konkle Birthing Clinc. LOL. Can't wait to hear more!
Claire

Anonymous said...

LOVE THE PICS AND ALL JENNA!
she is filling me in bit by bit on her own but she pointed me here to check out the details and you are doing a fantastic job.
keep up the great work both of you.
and im so proud of her!!
LOVE LOVES
-best

~TK ~ said...

So, I like the changes to your blog, but I miss the midwife quote. I do. But more than that, I miss you.

michelle said...

I LOVE YOU JENNA!! i'm glad to hear how much fun you're having with brianna... xoxoxoxo michelle