Monday, May 05, 2008

MOUNT APO - the tallest peak in the Philippines reaching a whole 9,691 feet above sea level, this volcanic peak (Apo, meaning "grandfather"), dominates 72,796 hectares of the national park where natural wonders bOW before thE towering peak.
and I am going to cliMB it =)

We (a team of approx. 12 ppl including guides) start super early monday morning may 12th, spend the day climbing to a (supposedly) freezing lake and flat ground where we'll camp for the night. THe second day will take us to the summit. The anticipation of sleeping there is ALmost too much to bear! Early Wed. morning will be spent viewing thE most beautiful sunrise (I'm sURE) I've EVER seen, at which point we'll hike back down to the lake to spend another night there. One more day will take us back down to the bottom, but we'll stay over (sOMEwhere) one more night in order to be there Friday morning when the office opens - this is to secure a certificate verifying we trekked the second highest mountain in all of southeast asia! In total it'll take the week, 2 days UP and 2 days down. I guess I'm planning the food.. we'll have one little gasul burner - dry wood is scarce. And. I don't know how to incorporate rice and canned corned beef into every meal - as per request =D hahaa.. it's going to be so much fun.

4 comments:

michelle said...

you go girl!!!and i got your text s but they were on bry's cell and i don't know how to resend!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!

Dave Heywood said...

I am very jealous of this adventure. Have fun and take lots of pictures!

Anonymous said...

MAN!!! I wish I could go!!! Just for the corned beef and rice....YUM!!! Be creative!! Bonnie

coleen said...

yay! you climbed it na! =) and still ALIVE!!! =P