Tuesday, April 01, 2008

...just thAT kinda people -

recently there have been 2 little girls hanging around on our street...NORmally, there's a pack of a bit older kids who always make me smile with their broken english, fun games, and interest in anything I have to offer. But these 2 girls I have never noticed before.

I was just coming off shift and they were there to greet me as I went 2 doors down the street to our house. I invited them inside because I knew Jenny's mom had brought some chocolate kisses for us (I'm good at being generous other people's stuff/food). The bold one came right on in and started exploring the unknown of the foreigners house, while the other one stayed back, warning her friend not get in trouble. I pulled 4 kisses out, 2 for each, placed them in their open palms, and sent them back outside. (here's where the story gets good!)

a few days LATer, I saw them again and they asked to come inside saying sOMething about "chalk-co-late" =D This time the timid one wasn't so and came right in and stopped at the fridge! I pulled out the entire (bIG) bag of kisses and let them help themselves this time. Oh gOSh! It was so cute. They both took ONLY TWO! I couldn't believe it! Dozens of memories ran through my mind about little rude white kids grabbing at candy, taking more than their share (and most of those were of mE just the other dAY!). But these cute filipinas were the total opposite, and they can't be more than 5 years old!

Every time I think about it, it warms my heart!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jenna...this doesn't only happen with kids...but also with selfish pregnant ladies...the other day...I really wanted a sour key...so the youth centre kids bought me a whole bag...I gave one each to the 20 or so girls that were standing around and felt quite satisfied with myself...then some of them asked for more...I had a really hard time giving them up and I felt so guilty that I was so selfish afterwards! I love you!
Becky