Saturday, February 09, 2008

my continuity: Mary Ann Tormento <3

Seriously - one continuity birth just beFORE outreach, and one just AFTERwards...how cool is that?!

My first night back Ann starting texting me in the miDDLE of the NIGht, and I really couldn't figure out WHY because she was going on about not being able to drink the protein shake I'd suggested she'd try to help fatten up her baby before birth. Finally, she said her tummy was painful. and THAT's when I clued in, blurry-eyed and tired, at 2am that she was in early labour. I encouraged her to stay at home, until it was so painful that she wasn't able to text me during a contraction! And didn't hear anything more from her the whole night. By 8am I was wondering what had happened to her, although not so afraid she'd push her baby out at home. She's 19 years old, super scared of labouring, plus it's her first baby.

She texted just before 10am to announce she was on her way to Mercy. After greeting her I could tell she was only in early labour.. I sent her home (she went relunctantly) at 4 cm and told her I'd text her around 5pm to ensure she stayed away until then. She came back at 12:45pm! haha, only a few short hours later, but I let her stay and she laboured well until starting to push at 3:45, and bb out (it got kinda stuck between the birth of the head and the body but Laura was there to assist) at 5:11pm.

The father's name is Jessie Reambonanza. As such, he was looking for a short, one syllable first name to counter balance the long surname. He wanted Kirt. I thought he said Bert. They must've read my reaction to the name Bert (I immediately thought of bert and ernie) because Ann asked me if I had any good names. I said my brothers names are Steven and RObert. Those were too long. She asked about my boyfriends names...aaand, i had nOthin! hahaa, I suggested my dad's name, Blake. THey didn't like it. So I asked about shortening the 2 previous options to either Steve to Rob. AND, ROb they liked. Jessie said his nickname could then be RR (Rob Reambonanza!). So, here's to you Rob, I named a baby after you yesterday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awww jenna how exciting your life is! I love reading your blog and seeing what kind of stuff you are up to. Hope your days are going good. oh boy the way your outreach trip looked like such a fun adventure, and yah i can't wait to finish school so i can be that be that teacher the kids are all calling after. Who knows maybe i will go away a teach some where else in this world besides Niagara.
Claire