Tuesday, January 15, 2008

a bunch of bb-sitting.

Last week Monday - Tuesday I agreed to watch Mary Joy's (my continuity) 2 month old little boy - you might remember him, the super fast labor and absolutely no effort as the baby fell out of his mom, thus being named "Hurry John" :) (so great!). His mom wasn't with his father because he has a lot of girlfriends, but I was encouraging them to go out on a date, saying that i'd watch Hurry. Well the date turned into class, and lasted overnight :S Being a mom of a 2 month old is crAZY hard! I got less sleep that night than if I had of been working nightshift! But, it was fun to have the little guy lying around for a bit, I guess!

And thEN, Lois and I have spent the last 4 days watching our director's (Matt and Krys) kids while they took a long weekend to getaway. This was an amazing time for us! Not only did we have our own house, AND our own helpers, AND our own car...we instantly became the moms of an adorable 6-yr old and a pre-teen 11-yr old. And after "running kids all day" (as my mom used to say) I can truthfully say I am able to drive standard! It was interesting! But, for the most part, SO good. And Matt brought us back a box of Krispy Kremes EACh...which we duly offered them to everyone who was still awake at 11 or so when we got home last night!

LIFE is GOOD! ..it's not so hot. and I have been sitting here now for almost an hour without needing a fan! I'm in the middle of our art & history assignment - which I'm having fun with...a little abstract art, and imagining and creating our own clinic anywhere in the world. Hope all is well at homeeee <3

3 comments:

Sharon said...

not so hot means??? 20 - 25
degrees?

jenna and brianna konkle said...

well...its around 28-31 in the day, but the nights cool down to lower 20s, yeah.

michelle said...

babysitting eh?? i wish you could be at home with me ! aysia wants to hang out with you too!!! how was the outreach?