Saturday, November 17, 2007

a 16 hr. shift

I asked Jenny if she could work my sunday swing shift (afternoon-eve) because I planned somewhat of a party in Toril (about an hour from here) with a couple of the women i've delivered - mainly the 2 Aninon sisters. But, I switched her for toDAY, saturday swing although I already had saturday day shift. Therefore, i'm in my 11th hour at the clinic, and obviously there's not much going on. I haven't delivered a baby since the 2nd of november (TWO WHOLE WEEKS) and was looking forward to a busy shift, but so far I've only sent one girl home in early labour and done a tOn of Jenny's baby check-ups! I also did more homework than I probably would have gotten done at home ;) It's been a fun day though...i'm hoping this little blogger break will spur the fully dilated labours to start pouring in here!! (i'll letcha know what becomes of the next 6 hours..)

2 comments:

Jennifer Hall said...

hehe, sorry again for the million baby checks you did for me. I really hadn't remembered about them when I offered to switch you shifts...

Except for the whole me only doing 1 bb check for you and you doing so many for me, we had almost the same experience on our 16 hour shifts! Lots of homework and no babies... a little dissapointing, but I surely plan to catch some this week since I am working every single day!

Love ya! :)

michelle said...

you go girl!!!!! I Love you Jenna.