Wednesday, September 19, 2007

.."when i'm lost, look at my picture of you."

Gian Brent Quilay, born this early morning at 3:37 am, sept.19th/07.
He weighs in at 6lbs10oz and is ABsolutely aDORable.
His mom, Joyce Carol, is an 18 yr old housewife who now has a son!


Two days ago, sept.17 I had the priviledge of catching the 5th baby of 25 yr old Elizabeth Somoza. It was a memorable birth story because by her LMP (last menstrual period) her baby was 47 weeks' gestation...let me remind you that NORMal is 40 wks, and our clinic refers those who are past 42 weeks because the risk is too high at that point. We kept her because she walked in fully dialated and ready to push and ALso because she'd had an ultrasound back in June changing her dates to make her 41 wks and 5 days (still late). We had NO idea when her bag of waters had ruptured, and i BASically pulled an overly done baby out of her little oven. Out with absolutely NO amniotic fluid, thick meconium staining and postdates, the brown/greenish stained baby was transported immediately to the hospital (although I saw her 8 hrs afterwards and she was doing much better). It was nuts though. I couldn't figure out what the mom was actually feeling, but I did make her laugh telling her that her baby was a little "burnt". Everyone's ok, praise the Lord!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog...but miss you so much! Isn't being right where God wants you to be amazing!! But I must admit..I'm a little sad this afternoon thinking God will take Bri away next year too.....BUT we'll enjoy this year with her!!! Love you!! Bonnie

JennJo said...

Ugh. Hate it when they're REAALLY overdue. It always makes me wonder why that happens. So strange! And the other one: cute name for a cute baby! :) Miss you!

~TK ~ said...

You are hysterical. Remember - you ARE catching my babies. And, you better make me laugh