Monday, July 09, 2007

We took a fairy boat across the channel with our tour bus, this could have been my favourite part of the day :P

THis is us eating lunch before the descent..

As I said earlier, I went rappelling on saturday with the same group of ppl who swam across the channel with me. Laura also came (thank goodness). We got to the island around 9am, although they were at our house waiting to pick us up before 7am. Nothing ever happens fast in the philippines!

Our whole group..13 girls and 2 boys
We actually got to rappel around 2pm.. it was nuts though because out of the 120' drop we only "rappelled" for the first 20'.. after that the cliff cut in and we were left hanging/sliding down the rope into the gorge. It was an amazing site! and SO worth the $2 i payed to go.






ON the way dOWN!


After everyone had a chance to rappel down (and climb back up..) WE hiked for over an hour (there and back) to Higamat falls. I mention the hour hike, not because that in itself is some kind of feat but because this all happened late saturday afternoon, and both Laura and I were in a 5K race in the morning.. needless to say, I was trying to conserve as much energy as possible.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a busy...but amazing day...You've always had so much energy for that sort of stuff...Hope you are doing well in your new house...Love ya...Becky

michelle said...

jenna I absolutely love your sense of adventure!!! I MISS IT AROUND HERE!!! don't get me wrong bry's full of it too but i still miss you like crazy!