Tuesday, May 15, 2007

there's no place like home!

haha. so i JUSt caught myself acting e.x.ac.t.ly like my father.
we have cherry trees in our front yard, and it the spring/summer the birds like to eat them ALL before their ripe and ready to be picked. Dad has tried EVERYthing to deter the birds (for example, nets, tin plates, streamers, and yes, even that ugly scarecrow...all the kids at school made fun of me! haha. j/k) but alas, we never get to eat off our own trees. Over the years he's given up. The only thing he does NOW is open his bedroom window and clap and yell and try to scare them off that way. haahh.
How am I just like him?
WELL. i was sitting at my computer and looked up to see a RAT crawling along our wall in the backyard. So, i went to the window (which is PERManently open) and started hissing, clapping, and yelling at the rat to try and scare it away. haah. The girls I live with were like "what. are you DOing?"
To which I replied "scaring a rat. obviously."


another cRAZy thing that's been happening around our house lately...one morning we woke up to find GOLDFISH in the ditch infront of our house! haha. Elizabeth, a swiss-german carpenter, now midwife, quite talented, can do/make ANYthing built a trap and caught a few. THese boys are trying to catch more with a little net (a net that reminds me of the cottage)

2 comments:

michelle said...

jenna you are hilarious! and yes i'd say ... that behaviour would make you like your father ! after all he is your dad! haha I love it! I wish i woulda seen you trying to scare the rat.. b/c to be quite honest i woulda just screamed! and then gotten you to through a rock at it's head! hahah( just like that snake in the field years ago!) haha oh man... i love you like crazy!xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Better a rat than a SNAKE!!!!!!
Love ya!! Bonnie