Tuesday, May 29, 2007

farewEll dear jEnn.

Jennjo has been our "housemom", supervisor, teacher, and friend since arriving here in the Philippines nine months ago (NINE months...where does the time go?!) is moving back to the states in THREE days. She graduated from Newlife back 2 years ago and stayed on an extra two years to serve the Lord by volunteering at my school and at the clinic. She basically HANDled most student affairs while the directors Matt and Krys were off on furlough for 6 months (AND she's delivered 256 babies). and NOW, she's leaving us...on to bigger and better! Jenn is looking forward to starting up her own birthing clinic in Seattle, to serve the Somolian refugee community there.

To commemorate and celebrate her time here we got family pictures taken at a nearby mall (this is a quirky thing about the Phils, group professional pics are where its at).

and THese beautiful ladiesss are the girls i've been living with. From left to right their names are: Jennjo, me, Heather, and Carmen (top), Laura, Tiffany, Elisabeth and Krystal (bottom)

5 comments:

Christine said...

Jenna....it totally looks like you cut off all your hair in that picture!! I had to zoom in to make sure!! I mean...not that you would look bad with short hair or anything......umm....ya...digging myself in a hole right now.... I just would have been surprised, thats all!!

JennJo said...

Agay! Sakit kaayo! Maboto ang akong Kasing Kasing!
Thanks for the commemoration! You mostly got it right...I finished school 3 1/2 years ago, really.
I am going to miss you lots girly girl!
I love the way that you are so into people. People respond to you in a way that could make you a big influence in their lives. You are funny and sunny and fabulous (I know I've told you that before---but its such a good word for you!).
Love you!

JennJo said...

One more thing...its 265, for the record. ;-)

Dave Heywood said...

Christine, I totally thought the same thing, lol... Just the way you have it done Jenna looks like short hair when it's just the small pic. Hope all is going well. Got cottage updates for ya when we talk...cheerio

jenna and brianna konkle said...

ok
wait
is THIS your way of telling me that my hair looks baad?!...or, was it only mE who got that impression. ahha