Thursday, March 29, 2007


these pictures are of the birth my mom was able to witness.
Here are the clinical requirements for NARM (north american registry of midwives):
- well-woman exams/family planning sess.>30 - after this wkd, i'll have plENty, but none so far
- initial visits> 20 req'd - me, 0
- pre-natals> 55 req'd - me, 158
- labor observes> 20 req'd - me, 66
- newborn exam> 20- me, 15
- postpartum mom+bb checks> 40 - me, 27

so THIS weekend is going to be busy. A lady is flying in from Cebu (an island west of here) who runs a clinic over there. HER clinic does STD testing and paps on their girls, and she's coming to give us an in-service on all that so we can start doing it at our clinic (instead of sending our girls else where for testing). So friday's the class. and saturday is a free pap party at Mercy.
The filipinas at the clinic used to test for such things, but haven't for a while and I, for one, am excited about being able to do it again. Using a microscope again, it'll be like gr.10 biology class ALL over again! Actually, we aren't going to be doing the results on a regular basis. The government here will give free pap results for free, and we're currently trying to find a place that will give results on other things as well. And, lets be serious, i've been working with that area of a woman for 6 whole months..and NOW i'm going to be able to see insIdE! [hopefully this isn't too much information] I think most of you would dIE listening to dinner conversations around here, ahah. besides, i usually spare the gory details.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeeeee....that stuff makes my stomach turn...but I am glad that you are excited about seeing that stuff...Yeee...it really freaks me out that you are doing all that stuff...but it's great at the same time...when did we all grow up to have actual jobs and what not...craziness...I mean your a mid-wife, Christine's a teacher, Ted and Juls have their own business....etc....etc...Sometimes its craziness...to think about what God has planned!!! Seriously....love ya alot...Becky

Anonymous said...

Oh, but the gory details are the BEST part. I can't wait to get in on those dinner conversations...I can only imagine!
Hey, I'm Bethany. I applied for the March '08 semester at Newlife. Still waiting to hear about my acceptance.
I love it when all the girls from Newlife update their blogs!! It puts me on cloud nine for the rest of day. Though, I'm trying to keep myself in check...I don't want to look at this through rose-colored glasses. I’m sure there will be difficult times in plenty while there, but it does sound like my dream school.