Saturday, December 30, 2006

what was lEARned at our first sCUba lesson...

S - elf
C - ontained
U - nderwater
B - reathing
A - pparatus

I had no CLUE that the word 'scuba' was an acronym! thats crAzy. To be scuba certified one must complete a preliminary 'test' run in a pool, have a successful 4 open water dives, and do a bit of class time with a test to finish...and I'm halfway done! My favourite so far was my most recent dive, around an underwater mountain! My instructor took my down to 80 feet, as we explored the side of the mountain together. Although the morning dive was cool because I didn't have to hold his hand (i'm past that stage...haha), this dive around the mountain we had to stay together because there was a super strong currrent, which was ALSo fun because I felt like a sea turtle (from finding nemo). He pointed out a lOt of cool fish, and we EVEN found a family of 'nemo', which is what he put on the little board he writes on underwater. One more open water dive plus the class time and a test and you can call me scUba stEvE. OH, i also saw these little plants that look like miniature EVERgreens underwater, those were cool. It's crazy to think about how our Creator made SO SO much on this earth for us to explore and enjoy, and scuba diving just opens up a whole nother part of that..

~ only in the philippines...we just showed UP at this resort, unloaded our equipment and used their pool to have our dive lesson. The ppl were plANNing on cleaning it, so it was a little less than desirable, but the guy didn't even call ahead to ask if it would be ok to host our lesson there. lol

~ I used my christmas MONey to treat myself to scuba lessons...now I've gotta come UP with the funds to feed my addiction. Also, my own wet suit, mask, snorkle, fins, regulator, tank, and vest would also be nice ;) (i know eXACtly what my mom is thinking as she reads this..haha).

1 comment:

jenna and brianna konkle said...

hhahah. OH - is it EVErrr!