Tuesday, December 12, 2006

jolliBEE

"the jollibee franchise is the filipino version of mcdonalds (...with extra value meals of rice burgers). At the race last weekend jollibee was live and in colour - having our picture taken with this character is equilvant to having a pic taken with Ronald :P


And here are a few more pictures from my last birth (ya, still only one catch so far..last night's shift saw no labors). Notice the 'before' as I don sterile gloves, and the 'after' dirty gloves accompanied by a dorky smile, which I'm sure I had plastered all over my face for at least an hour after delivering that amazing baby.


My well woman, and baby check-ups for Marianne and her newest son, John Prex Pitao, are going very well. The first one was a home visit, to a particular area in Davao called Isla Verdes (a big muslim and another kind of filipino...can't remember right now what they're called...community) It was crazy because they live in a community built on stilts, on the coast. Some of their makeshift pathways looked as though it wouldn't hold me up as we walked over acres of knee-deep garbage and mud. It.was.devastating. I couldn't imagine my poor Marianne, as pregnant as ever, having to balance on those skinny bamboo bridges every time she leaves her house. The good news was there are no signs of infections in Marianne or John Prex. The second check-up was at the clinic, and that went smoothly as well too. (i gUEss we did a pretty good job suturing her UP!) I still can't tell what looks 'normal' and what doesn't...because it ALL looks weird to me, but I'm confident that'll change.

3 comments:

MaryJocelyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MaryJocelyn said...

Jenna! That Jolly-bee dude looks pretty happy, but I saw "THE Ronald McDonald" on his very own float at the Santa Claus Parade (not to mention SANTA himself! he thru me two bags of CHRISTMAS coloured mini-eggs...I'm positive he intended me to save one for you...why else would he have given me two, LET ALONE invent new mini-eggs that lets us eat them year round without shame! Anywho. loooks like fun there jenna....and your "after" gloves?....DIS-GUSTING! HOpe to have a good chat with you soon. We need to catch up! xo
P.s I deleted my first comment cause there was a spelling mistake i noticed and just COULDN'T ignore.

michelle said...

jenna!!! that is soooo amazing ! you're the most perfect person for the job and I love how you're so REAL! what an experience! i'm glad you're making progress with everything so quickly. I hope I get to see you cry when you deliver my little babes.
luv you tons
and miss you just as much

xoxox michelle