Monday, December 18, 2006

hAPPY birthday dAd!!

haaaappy biiiirthday to you. haappyy biiirthday to YOU. HAPppy BIRthday dear daaaaaa-ad, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!
only a couple days late, I was looking at my daybook today figuring out all that needs to get dONe when it hIT me... I thought this blog might make UP for missing the 17th, Dad.

There are certain things about this country, and the ppl in it that often remind me of you. A lot of the time someone's burning leaves/trash, ahhaa, and it reminds me of your smoke (only, i'd give ANYthing to breathe in yours than this stuff!).
And, motorcycles often rip down our street, and the 'pop-pop' of the muffler as they decelerate always makes me think of you coming home from work.
Most of the time ppl trim the grass with scissors (i know, its NUTS) but the odd time someone uses a weedwhacker, the smell of freshly cut grass reminds me of carefree summer nights in the baackyard with you cutting the grass.
There are other instances in which I take time to think of you and allow myself to relive those memories I hold dear to my heart, Dad. ...just thought you might like to know!
I love you and miss you, and can not wAIt to talk to you on Christmas morning!!
Love jenna

No comments: